The use of XMI input/output of JUDE/Professional
Aug. 8, 2008 Updated
XMI Input/Output function of JUDE/Professional (Version 2.2 or later) has following restrictions.
The XMI input/output is available between JUDE/Professional and other tools described on this page or JUDE Reference manual.
Technical support is not provided for any issues occurred using XMI created by any other tools.
XML-Output function is designed mainly to extract certain UML models created with JUDE and tally them up through XML. Export models that include information you need to check into XML, then view them in the XML file.
- It supports XMI file compliant with XMI Specification version 1.1 (represents UML 1.4 model)
- It supports all information of models, diagrams and Mind Maps created with JUDE.
- All XMI generated by JUDE/Professional is fully compatible with other version of JUDE/Professional.
- A JUDE-specific format is used for diagram information, Mind Maps and UML 2.0 models. The information about the JUDE-specific format is currently not available to the public.
Since UML 2.0 Metamodel had a major revision, JUDE is extending the UML 1.4 Metamodel in order to provide the presentation of UML 2.0 models with consideration of compatibility.
Strings are encoded using java.net.URLEncoder partially. In order to decode them, use java.net.URLDecoder.
Particularly the names of element, labels of presentation, 2-byte characters in items definitions are encoded.
Also the values of TaggedValue are encoded if TaggedValuefs value includes plural pieces of information, in order to prevent misreading.
XMI Input-Output for Rational Rose™
- Rational Rose(TM) 2003/2002 XMI Add-in 1.3.6 format (model and diagram information) and Enterprise Architect(TM) 4.1 (Unisys/Rose format) XML format are partially supported.
- It supports XMI file compliant with XMI Specification version 1.1 (represents UML 1.3model)
- Some data such as order of overlapping of models, colors, and details of models, may be lost due to specification differences between applications.
- Model elements of Class and UseCase diagrams are mostly supported:
Class / Interface / Actor / UseCase / Entity /Control /Boundary / Attribute / Operation / Argument (parameter) /
Basic Type (as a DataType) / Association Class / Association / Multiplicity / Generalization / Dependency /
Realization / Stereotype / Package / Note / Note Anchor
- Supported model elements except for Class and UseCase diagramfs:
Component / Node
When Rose XMI is inputted to JUDE/Professional, "Use Case View Package" will be rendered as Model "Use Case View" and "Component View Package" as Subsystem "Component View".
Other elements will be loaded under the JUDE Project Model.
- Following model elements will be transformed into different model type due to restrictions of Rational Rose™
- Subsystem -> Package (operations will be lost)
- Model -> Package
- Classifier -> Class
- Artifact -> Class
- Following model cannot be migrated due to restrictions of Rational Rose™:
Stereotype of UseCase / Dependency between UseCases / Include / Extend / Extension Point /
Association, Dependency, Realization between models except for Classes and UseCases/ Node Instance /
Component Instance / Object / Link / Constraint / Text / Rectangle / Line / Pasted Image
- Following model will be transformed into different model type due to restrictions of JUDE/Professional
- Parameterized class -> Class (formal parameters will be lost)
- Following model cannot be migrated due to restrictions of Enterprise Architect™:
- Stereotype of Class (Entity, Control and Boundary will be normal Class)